Saturday, May 28, 2011

Hwk 59

I am glad I didn’t participate at prom this week, I have not one ounce of regret. I stayed at home and spent my day like I would any other day. I helped my mom cook in addition to spending my time with family and relaxing. I was keeping in contact with a few of my friends who were attending prom through text. The next day I was on Facebook and saw that a couple of people who had attended posted some pictures up. Most of what I saw in these pictures was expected; many of the girls were wearing dresses which were a bit too revealing while otherS were wearing floor length dresses and the guys had tuxes on. I don’t really get why these people especially the girls spend so much money to get ready for prom, when at the end everything is gonna get messed up (i.e. hair). This was seen in the pics for the after prom, The girls weren't looking as glitzy as they did before. I personally don't feel that all the money that everyone put into going to prom was well spent or worthwhile; but then again, this is just my own personal thoughts, I don't want to be criticizing all the hard work done by many teachers and students.

My future plans are the same as they are now; I won’t be attending prom. Talking with a couple of my friends I felt that no one had the best time of their lives, it was a nice affair but nothing over the top. I guess since everything was expected and we have dissected this topic thoroughly in your class, nobody really expected anything out of the ordinary. At times in class we discussed how prom related to someone getting married; I personally believe that prom has no connections with marriage in my culture. The American culture and prom is far from the Pakistani culture which contain events such as marriage. I can say that prom can be similar to the American weddings that I have seen or heard about, but nowhere near similar to Pakistani weddings.

No comments:

Post a Comment